Even though I am nowhere near finished with the capsule wardrobe content I started in January, we are already nearing the end of February. Although it took me a while to write another post I did choose a new area as part of my happiness project to focus on this month and that’s self-love.
I chose this focus area because I feel like the beginning of the new year puts so much pressure on us. We all need to work hard, chase after our goals, eat healthy and workout, which can cast a cloud and make you feel down. That’s why I am turning things around and only focus on things that make me happy with myself.
My self-love guidelines
- Focus on what makes you happy, sometimes it’s okay to choose your own happiness; it does not make you selfish
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Spend less time on social media, although I have a slight social media addiction, I find it important to take a step back every now and then. Social media can be quite confronting and sometimes you just need a reality check.
- Self-care is important, getting your hair done or going to pilates can be exactly what you need from time to time.
- Live in the moment, sometimes I find myself thinking about things in the future rather than focusing on the things that are currently happening.
What are your self-love guidelines?