My friends and I made a 25 before 25 list on vacation once, and although I already lost the piece of paper that I wrote my list on, before I made it back home from that vacation, the idea has always stuck with me. Now that I turned 24, it’s time to put the idea into action and actually make a list, because let’s be honest, I will probably need all the time I can get, since I can already predict that there are going to be many travel destinations on it. It might not be possible to cross everything off my list in only 1 year (minus 2 day) but a girl can dream right?
- Visit Santorini or Mykonos. anyone with an Instagram addiction must also be overloaded with the most gorgeous pictures from Santorini and Mykonos. It just looks so beautiful that I can’t wait to go there.
- Become a morning person. I am such a night owl, but I would love to be one of those people who is productive in the morning and can actually get things done before work. I already struggle with eating breakfast before work because I just don’t want to get up in the morning.
- Have a “tourist” day in Amsterdam. I have been living in Amsterdam for half a year now and I still haven’t seen any of the important sights. This year I want to have a day where I pretend to be a tourist and visit all the sights.
- Run a 5k. Recently I’ve been going to the gym more often and being able to run 5k, would show me that I actually improved.
- Visit the USA. It’s been over a year since I moved back from the USA and I still miss the country, my friends and my life there like crazy. It would be amazing to go back for a holiday or longer and visit everyone.
- Worry less. One of my worst traits, is the fact that I worry about literally everything. I want to learn to let things go, especially if I can’t change them. This will for sure provide me with more sleep and would probably make me so much happier, but old habits die hard unfortunately.
- Go on a spontaneous road trip. This has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. It just seems like so much fun to go on a trip where nothing is plannend and you just go wherever you want to go at that moment.
- Find a new home. The last 6 months I have lived in two temporary rooms, but now that I’ve found my place in Amsterdam it’s time to find a more permanent place to live, where I can stay for at least a year.
- Go to a Musical. Just because I love them and haven’t been to one in a while.
- Learn to eat 5 new things. I am a very picky eater, which can make things unnecessarily complicated. It would be great to learn to eat some things that I don’t like at the moment.
- Visit Rome. I left a piece of my heart in Rome, just as I did in the USA, when I lived there. I haven’t been back in 4 years and I would love to visit all my favorite places again and to relive my old life there just for a couple of days.
- Read at least 12 books. I used to read so much, but due to lack of time, I haven’t been able to read as much lately. I’ve been collecting some great books and can’t wait to start reading and get completely engrossed in them.
- Volunteer. When I lived in the USA, I was a member of a service sorority and I just loved to volunteer and help other people, which I something I also want to start doing here.
- Go skinny-dipping. Another one that’s on my bucket list for quite a while. To be honest I don’t even have an explanation why, it just seems so fun and such a “let’s celebrate that were young” thing.
- Get a job that I love. My internship is coming to an end and I would love to find a job that I love.
- Spend more time with people I love. Although I try to spend as much time as possible with my family and friends, it would always be great to have a bit more time with them.
- Visit the Harry Potter studio in London. Does this need any explanation, I am just a big fan and the studio tour is supposed to amazing.
- Improve my Italian. I learned a bit of Italian while I lived there but a lot of it has faded, which is such a waste. So I think that I will have to add Duolingo Italian to my daily routine.
- Hold a shop stop. I am a bit of a shopaholic, so a shop stop might be smart. I have to give the length of my stop some more thoughts though, I’ll keep you updated on this one.
- Save more money. Now that I am getting older it’s probably wise to start saving more for my future home or car. You see a shop stop is probably a good idea.
- Try a new sport like Yoga or Boxing. Just because they seem like something I would enjoy.
- Visit 2 new big cities in Europe. I love city trips and as a result there are quite a few European cities that I can cross of my scratch map, but there is still a lot of Europe to see, maybe Prague or Budapest or Stockholm, who knows?
- Buy something I’ve always wanted. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself right!
- Learn to say no. I always want to please everyone but sometimes I’m just in over my head. I need to learn to set priorities and accept that a day has only 24 hours.
- Watch a beautiful sunset and sunrise in the same 24 hours. Just because it seems like something beautiful and fun.
Well it looks like it’s going to be a busy year, but also a pretty amazing one if I manage to check off, some of, these items.
What is or would be on your 25 before 25 list?