Last month I turned 25, which was the deadline for my 25 before 25 list. I have to admit that I kind of forgot about the list so I haven’t been focused on finishing it but let’s see how far I’ve gotten.So let’s start with the ones that I actually managed to do:
- Have a “tourist” day in Amsterdam. Yes I managed to sneak in a touristy day in Amsterdam with my boyfriend this past winter. Haven’t had one since though, so I need to plan another one soon.
- Find a new home. Yes I found a new place to live and the best part, it’s not temporary!
- Go to a Musical. Check! I went to Beauty and the beast and loved it!
- Learn to eat 5 new things. Yes I learned to eat duck, avocado, eggplant, soybeans and kidney beans. The first 3 still aren’t my favorite but I do really like the soy- and kidney beans.
- Get a job that I love. I found a job, where I worked for the past year. However I just signed the contract for a new job, how exciting!
- Hold a shop stop. I didn’t really set myself a timeframe for the shop stop but my boyfriend telling me that it was okay to buy something again, made me realize that I succeeded.
- Save more money. Check, I managed to save more money and as a result I am going on a really nice holiday in about 2 weeks.
- Visit 2 new big cities in Europe. I went on a getaway to Budapest and Copenhagen, which were both amazing cities.
- Buy something I’ve always wanted. Yes I am now the proud owner of the Furla Metropolis bag!
- Watch a beautiful sunset and sunrise in the same 24 hours. Jetlag hit me hard on my last trip to Mexico. However this also meant that I was up around 5 am every day. I started each day with a morning beach walk watching the sunrise and I also watched the sunset there.
Things that I kind of did but I am not 100% satisfied with
- Become a morning person. I am getting up quite early on a daily base even when I can sleep in, so I have become more of a morning person. It’s still a struggle though to get up.
- Volunteer. I spend a couple of days volunteering but I wish I would have volunteered more.
- Spend more time with people I love. I am trying to spend as much time with the people I love as possible but I feel like it’s something that can always be improved.
- Visit the Harry Potter studio in London. I went to the Harry Potter exhibition in Utrecht, which was amazing. However the Harry Potter studio in London is still high on my must visit list.
- Learn to say no. Still a work in progress, but at I am trying to hold myself to it more often.
Things that I did not manage to do or totally forgot about:
- Visit Santorini or Mykonos. My Instagram feed is not filled with gorgeous pictures of Greece yet, maybe next year?
- Run a 5k. Been slacking tremendously on the gym and workout front. #fail
- Visit the USA. Unfortunately I could not manage to fit a trip to USA in my schedule. Hopefully I do have time next year.
- Worry less. Old habits die hard, so this proved to be quite difficult.
- Go on a spontaneous road trip. Apparently I am not as spontaneous as I thought, need to work on that!
- Visit Rome. Still very high on my wish list. If only vacation days weren’t limited.
- Read at least 12 books. Finished about 8 books.
- Go skinny-dipping. I will wait for my summer holiday for this one!
- Improve my Italian. Haven’t opened the Duolingo app in quite a while #fail.
- Try a new sport like Yoga or Boxing. Totally forgot about this one, but have to look into it after my summer holiday.
I am glad that I made this list because it helped me keep track of things I wanted to do and achieve. However if I ever do a 30 for 30 challenge, I will put the list more in sight for better results.
Did you ever make a list like this, and how well did you do?