Remember about half a year ago, when I share a list of 25 items that I hoped to achieve before I was 25? Well in a little under 6 months I will turn 25, so a little update (and a little reminder to myself) was in order. So how far have I gotten on my list in the past 6/7 months?
- Visit Santorini or Mykonos. My Instagram feed is not filled with gorgeous pictures of Greece yet, but there is still time, right?
- Become a morning person. For my current job I have to get up earlier but since I am getting my breakfast at the train station on a daily base, I wouldn’t call this one a succes yet.
Have a “tourist” day in Amsterdam.I had a lovely touristy day not too long ago. I still haven’t seen all the sights, but I am getting there.
- Run a 5k. Been to the gym ones in the past 3 months #fail
- Visit the USA. I might visit a friend in the USA in May so this might still be possible before my birthday.
- Worry less. Old habits die hard, so this one is quite difficult to change.
- Go on a spontaneous road trip. Still 5 months left for some spontaneity :)!
Find a new home. I haven’t found a permanent place yet but I did find a new temporary home in Amsterdam, which I am very happy with. Go to a Musical.Check! I went to Beauty and the beast and loved it!
- Learn to eat 5 new things. I tried 5 new things and I am trying to eat them more regularly to start liking them. We’ll see how that goes.
- Visit Rome. Still very high on my wish list. I so wished that vacation days weren’t limited.
- Read at least 12 books. I am currently reading book 6 so hopefully I will make this one!
- Volunteer. I should do some research to find a nice cause that I want to volunteer for.
- Go skinny-dipping. I will wait for spring/summer for this one!
Get a job that I love.I found a job and I’ve already been working there for about 5 months now!
- Spend more time with people I love. I am trying to spend as much time with the people I love as possible but I feel like it’s something that can always be improved.
- Visit the Harry Potter studio in London. Still high on my wishlist but if I can’t find the time then I will at least try to visit the Harry Potter exhibition in Utrecht.
- Improve my Italian. I have Duolingo on my phone, does that count?
- Hold a shop stop. With me finding a job this one became less necessary although I would still love to try it just to see if I can really do it.
Save more money.Getting a real job really helps, with saving more money, so this one is a check.
- Try a new sport like Yoga or Boxing. Working out hasn’t been high on my priority list but I am on the lookout for a nice boxing or yoga place.
- Visit 2 new big cities in Europe. In September I went on a lovely getaway to Budapest so I’m halfway there!
Buy something I’ve always wanted. Yes I am now the proud owner of the Furla Metropolis bag!
- Learn to say no. Well this is definitely a work in progress, but at least I’m working on it.
- Watch a beautiful sunset and sunrise in the same 24 hours. I’ve spent many days arriving at the office before the sun rose and leaving after the sun set. But unfortunatly the sun hasn’t really been visible these pasts months. Maybe spring will bring me more luck with this one.
Well this was a necessary update because the list is still quite long. Maybe giving myself 5 whole years for a 30 before 30 list might not be such a bad idea!
What is high on your list of things you want to do?