If you ask me, snacks are an essential part of life. I try to make homemade snacks because the standard gluten-free snacks often contain a lot of sugar to increase the taste. I have two recipes that I make regularly because they are quick and aren’t heavy on the ingredient front and isn’t that what we are all looking for? Today I am sharing these gluten-free snack recipes with you.
2 ingredients oatmeal cookies
These oatmeal cookies are a snack I make weekly. They are done in less than 20 minutes (cooking time included) and only contain 2 ingredients.
For 6 cookies you’ll need:
- Gluten-free oatmeal
- 100 gram unsweetened apple sauce
Are you ready for the easiest recipe ever?
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Start by adding the applesauce into a mixing bowl.
- Add the oatmeal and stir until you get a dry sticky texture.
- To add extra texture or flavor you can add almond flakes or cacao nibs.
- Roll the mixture into little balls and put them on a non-stick backing sheet.
- Flatten the balls onto the sheet to create a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until slightly brown.
Chocolate covered mango
You will need:
- Dried mango
- Chocolate chips
Let’s start cooking:
- First we start by melting the chocolate, you can do this au bain-marie or in the microwave (stir regularly to avoid burning).
- In the meantime cover a plate or chopping board with aluminum foil.
- Once your chocolate is melted, you can dip the mango in the chocolate and put the plain side on your covered plate or chopping board.
- Once you are done with your batch, simply put the plate or chopping board in the fridge to cool.
- As soon as the chocolate is solid, you can enjoy your chocolate covered mango pieces.
I hope you enjoyed these simple, gluten-free snacks. If you try these recipes, send me a picture on Instagram. I would love to see how they turn out. If you are looking for some gluten-free breakfast ideas be sure to check this post.