Let’s start this post by telling you that I am, in no way, a morning person. But throughout the years of getting up early for school or work, I have developed some useful routines that make my morning more manageable. Today I am sharing my 5 tips for a stress-free early morning.
- Make your breakfast the night before. Making a healthy breakfast can be very time-consuming, which makes it very appealing to go for a quick unhealthy option or skipping breakfast altogether. Meal prepping is the way to go for a healthy Instagram worthy breakfast, without getting up a minute earlier in the morning.
- Plan your outfits. It might limit your spur of the moment creativity, but planning your outfits can be a huge timesaver. Especially when you are quite indecisive and tend to try 10 different outfits each day. You can plan your outfits weekly, but I prefer to plan them daily, according to my mood.
- Make a do to list. We all have those nights where you are just lying in bed thinking about all the things you need to do the next day, which is not only bad for the amount of sleep your getting but also for your stress-levels. Making a to do list for the next day, can help you put your mind to rest. Plus it will help you start your next day super productive, because you already have your goals set.
- Have an on the go makeup bag. I like to use my commute to work to apply my makeup. I apply my base at home but I always have a makeup bag with my eye, lip and brow products with me. This way I can use wasted time to my benefit, which gives me more time for some extra zzz’s..
- Put your iPhone on do not disturb. My last tip for an easy morning is to ensure that you have a good night of sleep. The do not disturb button on your iPhone is a lifesaver since it silences all your calls and notifications. No more lack of sleep due to social media or friends who are drunk texting you.
What are your best tips for a stress-free morning?
I love to start the morning early and sit quietly at my desk answering emails and preparing new posts while listening to some relaxing playlist on spotify and drinking tea :) I like your ideas of preparing the outfits in advance and making the to-do list. Will try this out ;)